Monday, February 4, 2008

Skeletons in the closet

Buried deep in the closets of many Canadian homes are treasures from the past. But are these treasures weighing you down or are you enjoying them? Our clients tell us they can’t believe what their closets hold until they have to pack them up to move. You’d be surprised to realize how many boxes worth of stuff are jammed into our closets. If your son or daughter is married and have kids of their own and you are still holding onto you’re their grade 3 paper-maché art projects you may want to ask yourself why? Are you living in the past or the present? Sometimes we have comical reasons why we keep things. OK – true confessions! In my jewelry box I still have a lapel pin my 4 year old son made for me…he’s now 22! I never wear it but I do keep it as a reminder of what a great little artist he was and still is. At least it doesn’t take up too much room. On the other hand we’ve seen some clients keep every piece of art work their kids ever made. This can result in boxes not only being stored in the closet but also in the spare bedroom, the attic and the garage! Do you have a true confession? Please share!

No comments: